Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tick Tock

Tick tock. Tick tock. Time marches, no races on. Quilt Canada is only a week away. I need to start blending my lists. I need to make one to-do list and one supply list. Either that or I need to make a list of my lists and I just can’t see that working out well at all.

Patterns are all finished. Well, I still need to print the Borders and Binding pattern that is our give away with purchase, while supplies last. Dave also needs to finish up the Sun Dreams project. He’s compiling the instructions and all the templates onto CD. It is a new venture in publishing for us. But Sun Dreams has so much paper that we cannot print it cost effectively. So we’ve priced out CD’s and it should make it much more reasonable. There are 23 pages of templates and 12 pages of directions. I looked into having a booklet published too, but until I am sure of its reception, it simply isn’t cost worthy to go that way. Maybe someday.

The other patterns I would like to publish as a book are the Calendar Critters. It is a series of 12 cute little animals, one for each month. I think putting them into a book that contains each separate wall hanging, a small lap quilt, a bed sized quilt and a couple of other projects would really increase their popularity. They have sold fine, but I think that as individual units, they simply add up too quickly for most people.

Beyond patterns and Quilt Canada, lies the dreaded Tax Man. Before Friday (yes I know its already Monday) I have to do my accounting for last year. See the tax dude on Friday morning to get our taxes done. I should be able to get it done without any trouble. Just need to get at the good computer. We have two computers, one for Internet stuff and one for work. Clearly I don’t want my accounting on a hackable machine.

Today’s question is how do you cope with tax time? Are you a procrastinator like me or are you Emily Efficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, ad bots have snagged onto my blog. This means you have fight your way through the silly and frustrating word verification process. Please persevere. I do value your feedback.