Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Ghost From the Past

Okay, I know this is my quilt blog, but the things going on in our lives affect our creativity. Mine is shot. I'm angry, annoyed and irritated. I want to be creating new designs, instead I'm pacing around frustrated.

I was visited this week by a ghost from the past. Okay, not really a ghost and a phone call rather than a live visit. Back in the good old days, when dirt was young and I was too, I knew this girl. We've both gotten older, but one of us has never grown up. Once good friends, I find that I can no longer spend time with her. Her moral compass has become skewed.

I expect honesty and integrity from my friends. I find myself unable to think of her without anger. Spending thousands of dollars on new electronics (that you don't need cause the ones you have still work) then going to the food bank just irritates me. Okay, not strong enough of a work. Profanity is called for here, but I'm trying not to go there.

She reminds me of a lot of today's kids. Expecting instant gratification and feeling that the world owes her a living. Well suck it up princess, the world doesn't owe you anything. Get off your backside and contribute. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems and take charge of your life.Do something for someone else for a change and if you read this, stop calling me.

I'm not the kind of person to tell her off. Okay I am but for some reason I can't. I want her to find her way to a better place. A more giving and caring place. The place I wish I could be. I'm not perfect, I know that, but stealing from charity????
I've stopped calling her, and am never available when she wants to visit. But she keeps calling.

How do you handle something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, ad bots have snagged onto my blog. This means you have fight your way through the silly and frustrating word verification process. Please persevere. I do value your feedback.