Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wow: The most beautiful things at Quilt Canada

Wow, wow, and again wow. I have never been so inspired in my life! Just finished the week at Quilt Canada 2010 in Calgary. It was the first time I've ever had the oportunity to check out the National Juried Show in person. What stunning beauty and creativity. I knew the quilts would be impressive. I often drool over the show books from previous years. But let me tell you a photograph does nothing to do justice to the real thing. It can't possibly relate the subtle shades and echoes of quilting and the fine details of the applique. We won't even get into the thread painting and beadwork. If you ever get the chance, take in a juried show. I highly recommend it. You will be inspired.

As for my booth at the show. It was fantastic. Thanks to all those smiling faces who stopped to visit and to brighten our day and to chat. We appreciate your business, but more than that we appreciate the positive feedback and the companionship. We consider you all friends.

Special thanks too to all of you that helped out with the booth. Without you I would be lost.

I'll try to post some photos later in the week. For now, its nap time. As soon as I'm done soaking my tired feet.

Keep stitching.
Cath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sadly, ad bots have snagged onto my blog. This means you have fight your way through the silly and frustrating word verification process. Please persevere. I do value your feedback.